Let’s talk zombies. What is a zombie? With all the walking dead in pop culture we think we know what a zombie is, but do we? Let’s just be clear. According to the Google Search for the definition of zombie, the five following definitions are given.
- Originally, a snake-deity of or deriving from West Africa and Haiti
- A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. in certain African and Caribbean religions
- A person who is or appears lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings
- A computer controlled by a hacker without the owner’s knowledge, which is made to send large quantities of data to a website, making it inaccessible to other users
- A tall mixed drink consisting of several kinds of rum, liqueur, and fruit juice
Fascinating as all that might be, we’ll be utilizing the soulless corpse definition, and going from there.
Where will we be going?
Well, join us tonight (Tuesday, September 13, 2011) from 8 – 9 p.m. Eastern Standard time as we host a Twitterchat @DarkJaneAusten with the hashtag #DJABC.
What questions about zombies are you looking forward to discussing?
*Photo: Skeleton men by benleto, obtained through Flickr.